Consider Your Options
Gathering with friends and family offers an opportunity to share memories, say goodbye to someone special, offer words of sympathy, and create a lasting network of comfort and support. A well-planned memorial helps everyone involved begin to come to terms with their loss.
We offer two beautiful facilities as a central location with experienced staff. Or, you may prefer to make arrangements for cremation or burial with us and hold a service at a separate location. For those unable to attend, you may decide to provide keepsakes of a special person.
Whatever your preferences, we are here to support.
Services for a loved one’s burial can include:
- Immediate burial, where your loved one is buried or entombed without a public service or gathering.
- Visitation, also called a viewing, wake, or calling hours, allows family and friends to gather in a room with the departed loved one in an open or closed casket and say goodbye or offer their support and sympathy to the bereaved.
- Funeral or memorial services can take place at a funeral home, in a church, a community center, or even your home. The service is a ceremony to celebrate, honor, and remember a special person. Whether traditional or unique, both the visitation and the funeral service can reflect the individuality of your loved one.
- Graveside, chapel, or committal services are held at the cemetery, and allow family and friends to be present at burial.
Cremation entails the same range of options as burial, including a funeral, memorial service, or visitation. After the cremation and any funeral or memorial, options include:
- Interment: placing your loved one's ashes in a family plot, a memorial site, a cremation niche or urn garden, or in a variety of other indoor and outdoor locations. Ask our staff for a detailed list of interment possibilities.
- Graveside services are similar to those celebrated alongside a traditional burial, in which loved ones witness the burial of the cremated remains and honor the deceased through remembrances, prayer, or any other tributes desired.
- Scattering allows you to spread ashes in a memorial garden, a cemetery, over water, or across any other meaningful site. You also can choose to scatter some, and retain the rest in an urn for interment or scattering in the future.
- Placing ashes in multiple urns enables family members in different locations to each feel the comfort of having them nearby. They may keep them at home, or scatter them in a place they visit frequently, or a spot that was meaningful to the deceased.
We want to lessen the financial burden on your family during this difficult time. Please ask anyone on our staff to help you.
- eChecks, or ACH payments, let you transfer funds directly from your bank account to pay for services. It’s fast, secure, and saves you money on credit card fees.
- We accept payments online with all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- We offer the option of crowdfunding, using our Web site for lower service fees, for funeral services, memorial funds, and more. We're happy to discuss the process with you.
- We work with multiple lenders across the U.S. to get you the most competitive lending rates. Viewing the offers available to you doesn’t affect your credit, so you can see all the options for loan amounts and repayment terms.
- If your loved one has a life insurance policy you want to use for funeral expenses, talk to us. We can get a portion of your claim funded immediately instead of your having to wait 30-90 days for the insurance company payment. We’ll also handle all the paperwork.
Proud Member of
Heritage Chapel of Imes Funeral Home & Crematory | 1804 Highway 121 Bypass North | (270) 753-8888
Imes Funeral Home & Crematory - Downtown Murray | 311 North 4th St. | (270) 753-7000
Fax: (270) 753-9000
Copyright ©2020 Imes Funeral Home & Crematory. All Rights Reserved
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants & TA